Thank You to my Patrons!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Update for Thursday

Something exciting and nerve-racking is happening right now. I'm very close to making the Nebula ballot with the novelette I had in Analog this year, "Cold Words." It's making me lose sleep (though the kids being sick have a lot to do with that too). When I look at all the marvelous authors on the list with me, I'm amazed... and more than ever, I hope I can get onto the ballot. Just being there would mean so many more people would read my stories, and right now that's my greatest hope. So if you're a member of SFWA, or know one, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could read my story, and think about it. And if you've already thought of me, let me say thank you, thank you, thank you!

Enough with the self-promotion (which makes me feel awkward anyway).

Tomorrow I'm hoping to post an article - my first Ridiculously Close Look in far too long - about Howard Hendrix's "Monuments of Unageing Intellect." I'm excited about putting this up, because I think it brings up some interesting topics that aren't often discussed. So at this point I'll go off and try to finish the piece so I can get it to you all.

3 comments:

  1. Sending good thoughts, blessings, and well wishes. Hoping you make a Nebula. Sorry haven't been commenting. My new limitations on work filters and evening time mean very few comments, but I've been reading avidly. I feel so bad. Have fun. Looking forward to a ridiculously close look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Megs. I'm sorry I've had so much difficulty posting this week. Everyone here is sick on top of all the normal busy insanity...

    ReplyDelete