Thank You to my Patrons!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award

Thanks very much to Jaleh D. for handing on this award! As part of the award, I have to tell you ten unusual things about myself, and pass the award on to 5 people. Let's start with the ten things:

1. When I was 12 I was in a movie with Ray Bolger, the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.
2. I feel paralyzed when I attempt to play chess.
3. My son thinks I'm not a good guesser because I say "I don't know" too much.
4. I'm teaching my husband to take care of himself when he's sick.
5. I got the flu from George H. W. Bush.
6. I've seen all three Great Buddhas in Japan.
7. My daughter likes to dance with me to Celtic music.
8. I have a concave sternum, which made my x-ray technician gasp in surprise.
9. I played piano for ten years.
10. I have eaten candied crickets.

And here are my awardees:

1. Deb Salisbury at Deb Salisbury, Magic Seeker
2. J. Kathleen Cheney at In the Void
3. Megan S. Payne at Odds and Ends and Scattered Bits
4. Lia Keyes at The Scribbler
5. Camilla Mann at Culinary Adventures with Camilla

Go forth and blog!

6 comments:

  1. Those are fascinating tidbits. What were the crickets like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, you're welcome!

    JDsg, it seems you are interested to see me panicked/flustered over a chessboard? Hmmm... well, I'm afraid it won't happen until I have the nerve to play against my son.

    Jaleh,
    The crickets were actually tasty - crunchy and sweet, a bit like some snack foods but without any hint of oiliness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what was the movie? And was Mr. Bolger nice to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, the movie was a short educational film from Shire Films, about poetry, called "Beware the Jabberwock." Mr. Bolger was awesome. He had a wide mischievous streak and would break the tension of a late evening's shooting by cracking us all up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Juliette: JDsg, it seems you are interested to see me panicked/flustered over a chessboard?

    Not to see you flustered, but just to make sure I would win the game. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha, I've been behind in blog reading, and am just now catching up. (Been using the laptop)

    Will tackle this tomorrow ;o)

    ReplyDelete