Thank You to my Patrons!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thank You! And, our next worldbuilding hangout announcement

I turned on my computer this morning to discover that I now have reached 250 followers on this blog. Let me just say to all of you: Thank You! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you coming and reading, sharing my thoughts, commenting, and passing on links that you like. I just wrote yesterday about how to keep the internet under control, but if you were paying attention, I also mentioned just what it is about blogging that I find wonderful - it gives me a community with whom I can spend time every day, talking about things that I find fascinating, without having to travel to all of the disparate locations in which all of you find yourselves (Brazil to Norway, Canada, and just about every state in the US). I'm very lucky to have you and I'm very grateful.

This week I am resuming my weekly Worldbuilding hangouts. Tomorrow's hangout will take place on Google+ at 11am PST, and we'll be discussing Establishing Social Norms in worldbuilding. I'd love to see you there!

Note: in order to minimize the unwanted distraction of people popping in to show us slogan signs (yes, this has happened), I am obliged to limit the hangout invitation to members of my (quite large) writing community circle. If you would like to attend and are not sure whether you are a member of my writing community circle, please comment below with your Google+ username and I will make sure to add you to the circle. My goal here is not to exclude anyone who is genuinely interested in discussing worldbuilding with us! I hope to see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment