Thank You to my Patrons!

Monday, October 15, 2012

So, I bought Scrivener...

Yes, I'd been talking about it, and I finally did it. I think the thing that pushed me over the edge was taking my four separate Microsoft Word files containing my novel, and trying to make them into one big file so I could send it to friends. Simple cut and paste led to weird font shifts, and lots of extra work, and I thought to myself, "I'm not in mid-process any more. I have time to figure out a new program."

I had heard about Scrivener from my friend Jamie Todd Rubin, and I started in on my tutorial last night. First impression? I think it's going to be awesome for me. I'm a big outliner and organizer, and this program lets you do all kinds of labeling that will be fantastic, like marking whose point of view different chapters are in, etc.

I will let you all know how things look as I continue on through the process. I'm hoping to move all my writing over to this program so I have one "home base."

So far, it's looking really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment