Thank You to my Patrons!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A new language - listen to endangered languages!

I recently was directed by Found in Translation to this terrific article about a new language that has just been discovered in India. The language is called Koro, and is in the Tibeto-Burman language family, and it has about 800-1200 speakers. The great thing that came along with this article was a link to the Enduring Voices YouTube channel - this has recordings of all kinds of endangered languages of the world. So if you're looking for inspiration on language design, or if you're just curious about the variability of language, do check it out! I'll also be adding it to my links list.

1 comment:

  1. That Youtube channel is neat. I hope they keep adding to it. I was hoping to find a sample of Manx. One of my ancestors supposedly came from the Isle of Mann.

    ReplyDelete