Thank You to my Patrons!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Nebulas this weekend! (5/15 hangout canceled - sorry!)

Boy, I'm excited!

This weekend is the Nebula Awards, the annual event hosted by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America to give out their awards for the best stories of the year. Authors and editors by the score are descending on San Jose for the event - just half an hour down the road from me!

I'll be on a panel on Friday talking about Writing About Other Cultures, Real or Imagined from 3-4.

I've also been given the honor of interviewing some of the novel nominees about their work. Which means that I've been given three novels to read in one week.

I've been reading a lot this week, and I'm still not done, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to postpone the Domesticated Animals hangout into next month. The rest of the schedule for this month should remain the same.

I'll try to write up a bit about my experience after the weekend is over.

Our next hangout will be on May 29 - Cultural Ideologies. I hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment