Thank You to my Patrons!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Workshop: Wrapup (remaining final subs?)

Let me extend my thanks to all of my workshop participants for their hard work. I've now seen revised excerpts from Khajidu, Catreona, and David, and all three show distinct improvements - at least from my personal perspective - over the initial drafts submitted.

I realize I didn't give enough time for the final assignment, and I'm sorry for that (making note for next time to give a whole week). I still hope I may be able to see something from Colin F and from Jeanne Tomlin, whenever you have it ready.

All participants, if you have any remaining questions, please know that I'm happy to address them even once the workshop is officially over.

Thanks again, and I'll look forward to hearing from you.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again Juliette! This has been a great experience for me. I've taken away so much and I had an awesome time. I'm just happy to have been a part of it.

    As for my final submission, I am working on it. I wrote up the whole section up until the start of the scene that I originally submitted. I'm working on going back and editing it (the rough draft is horrible). The hardest part was the beginning paragraph, but after beating my head against the desk for a while something jarred loose and I was able to get out what I thought was a pretty satisfactory paragraph.

    The rest of the editing will happen over the remainder of this week. I'll also obviously modify the original scene cutting it down and changing bits here and there. I'm hoping by this weekend I'll definitely submit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, Colin. I'll look forward to seeing it when it's ready. And the first sentence/paragraph can often be brutally hard - I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Juliette,

    Touching post. I hope you don't mind me commenting here, but I found your blog through LinkedIn. I had noticed that you were a fellow author and Japanophile, and became interested in your blog. Would you be interested in connecting at LinkedIn? My profile is at http://www.linkedin.com/in/extremeauthor. There is no obligation on your part of course, but I thought as we both have a love for science fiction and Japan, that perhaps it would be nice to Link.

    All the best,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete